In support of TEGNA’s mission to serve the greater good of our communities and our stated Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals, in 2022, TEGNA Foundation formed an employee-led committee to ensure our DE&I grantmaking has even greater impact.
The DE&I Grant Committee is charged with identifying and recommending grants to nonprofits and programs working to provide critical support and resources to underserved groups or communities, while also creating positive and lasting change.
The Foundation particularly favors making grants to organizations that are led by a diverse staff and serving the communities where TEGNA does business.
Please check back for future grant opportunities. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Tax-exempt public charities classified by the Internal Revenue Service as Section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
For a full list of what organizations are not eligible for TEGNA Foundation funding, please visit the Community Grants page.
A proposal must include the following:
- a completed TEGNA Foundation Grant Application Form
- IRS letter of determination for 501(c)3 tax exemption
- your organization’s non-discrimination policy
- detailed listing of proposed use of requested funds, a one-page program budget, and a one-page summary of organization’s budget
- program description of no more than three pages that includes:
- needs statement
- objectives of the program to be funded
- whether the program is new or ongoing
- constituency to be served
- sustainability statement
- your organization's qualifications to carry out the program
- how the program will be evaluated (include any tracking or historical information available)
- plans for continued funding of the program, if applicable
- other funding sources, committed and applied for.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Disability Pride Awareness Grantees:
- Autism Society of America
- Best Buddies International
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Deaf Action Center
- Mesa Association of Sports for the Disabled
- ProjectHEAL: Help to Eat, Accept and Live
- United Cerebral Palsy, Inc.
- SA Parent to Parent
2023 Environmental Justice Grantees:
- American River Parkway Foundation Incorporated
- Beaver Watershed Alliance
- Binghampton Development Corporation
- Cleveland Lead Advocates for Safe Housing
- Coastal Bend Bays & Estuaries Program
- Friends of the Conservatory
- Missouri Coalition for the Environment
- Western Reserve Land Conservancy
2023 LGBTQ+ Grantees:
- The LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland
- Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation
- Cocoon Collective
- Jacksonville Area Sexual Minority Youth Network
- KD Hall Foundation
- National Center for Civic and Human Rights
- New Avenues for Youth
- Oasis for Youth
- Olympia Snowe Women's Leadership Institute
- Resource Center of Dallas, Inc.
- Safe Alliance
- Tidewater Arts Outreach
- Tony's Place
- Youth In Need