A key role of the TEGNA Foundation is investing in the diversity of the communities we serve. In 2022, the Foundation is launching a grant program dedicated to supporting nonprofits focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Please check this page for additional details on this year’s grant opportunities, which will be posted soon.
- Tax-exempt public charities classified by the Internal Revenue Service as Section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
For a full list of what organizations are not eligible for TEGNA Foundation funding, please visit the Community Grants page.
A proposal must include the following:
- a completed TEGNA Foundation Grant Application Form
- IRS letter of determination for 501(c)3 tax exemption
- your organization’s non-discrimination policy
- detailed listing of proposed use of requested funds, a one-page program budget, and a one-page summary of organization’s budget
- program description of no more than three pages that includes:
- needs statement
- objectives of the program to be funded
- whether the program is new or ongoing
- constituency to be served
- sustainability statement
- your organization's qualifications to carry out the program
- how the program will be evaluated (include any tracking or historical information available)
- plans for continued funding of the program, if applicable
- other funding sources, committed and applied for.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion grant recipients through September 2022:
- Abounding Prosperity Inc., the greater Dallas area
- Alfond Youth & Community Center, Maine
- Alive, Inc., St. Louis
- Bridging Voices, Portland, OR
- Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation, Corpus Christi, TX
- Gender Health Center, California
- Gendercool Project, National
- George Floyd Memorial Scholarship Foundation, National
- Grand Rapids Pride Center, Grand Rapids
- Irvington Counseling Collective Inc., Indianapolis
- National Center for Civic and Human Rights, Atlanta
- Safe Alliance: Charlotte, NC
- San Diego LGBT Pride, San Diego
- St. Pete Pride Inc., Tampa Bay
- Tidewater Arts Outreach, Hampton Roads, VA